Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Forest Returns Blog

After watching the movie in class today, I feel really good about what the government did in making natural forests. In living in NW West Virginia and SE Ohio all my life, I have been around national forests before, But had no idea how bad things were before they were created. I was always under the impression that they were just lands that the government bought and kept nearly original. I had no idea they were stripped, barren, used up farm land. Also, the other thing I really liked was how the government used it as a way to help out families during the depression. They could have took in a fraction of the workers and used mechanized machinery, but instead they used old-fashioned man/hand power. Which greatly helped out those individuals involved, but also helped the economies of local businesses and towns. Then, to finish I think it would be a good idea for the government to continue buying the land to keep it or let it go back to how mother originally intended it to be. I'm a fan of keeping nature in its natural state and only using what we need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment